Pre-Registration Appointments can be made online HERE.
The appointment will take approximately 15 minutes.
Please do not schedule an appointment until you have received notification about your placement from the Department of Education
When pre-registering, you must bring your child with you, as well as:
- Your child's most current immunization record
- Proof of your child’s age (child’s birth certificate or passport)
- Two documents verifying proof of residence. Acceptable documents are listed below:
- Utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or the Long Island Power Authority; must be dated within the past 60 days
- Original lease agreement, deed, or mortgage statement for the residence
- Current property tax bill for the residence
- Water bill for the residence, dated within the past 90 days
- Official payroll documentation from an employer (example: payroll receipt); must be dated within the past 60 days
- Document from a federal, state or local government agency (on letterhead) indicating the resident’s name and address (example: document from the Internal Revenue Service, New York City Housing Authority, or the Administration for Children’s Services); must be dated within the past 60 days
If you are not offered placement at the school you ranked highest on your application, you will automatically be placed on the waitlist for all schools you ranked higher than the school where your child got an offer. For example, if you received a placement offer for the school you listed third on your application, you will automatically be included on the waitlist for your first and second choice schools, but not your fourth choice school. Schools will contact waitlisted families directly if they are able to offer them a seat; no additional action is required of families to remain on a school’s waitlist.
Families who applied to kindergarten between February 19 and March 27 will receive a placement offer later in the spring.
If you have yet to apply to Kindergarten for your child born in 2010 and you live in NYC, you can still enroll your child in Kindergarten for September. Beginning in late April, please contact your zoned school and other schools of interest directly to place your child on the waitlist or on register, depending on seat availability and admissions priority group. To determine your zoned school, please click here.